Monday, May 13, 2013

Video Music: Commander Chris Hadfield Sings Plays David Bowie's Space Oddity in Space (on board the International Space Station) + Patrick LaMontagne painting "The Space Between Us"








"A couple of months ago, I finished the painting of Canadian Astronaut Chris Hadfield just before he became Commander of the International Space Station.  Just painting the image was worth the effort because I really enjoyed it. But then Commander Hadfield saw it in orbit, sent me a short message and re-tweeted the link to his followers on Twitter. A tweet from Space is quite a thrill and I’ve actually had the pleasure of receiving two of them, the second after I did the editorial cartoon you see below when he took command. Had it all ended there, I would have been pleased enough." Click here for more of the story.


Image Credit: Patrick LaMontagne